Posts are individual pieces of time-based content on a site. Think of them as articles or updates that you share to offer up new content to your readers.
This is a help guide.
- General about post’s WordPress Posts | WordPress.com Support
- General about tags Organize Posts with Tags – WordPress.com Support
- Category’s are reserved for admin personnel and used in automatic jobs.
- We organize content by category and tags so you can search easy.
How we do it
1. Add some content in the new post page, the button for new post is in the bottom. If this post is a login procedure the header should be Customer Login
2. Add the category (do not make a new category) to your post. If this post is a login procedure the category should be Customer. Category is Category (Normal case).
Customers, add your post to an existing customer to map it correctly.
Other, add your post to a products or projects finished or ongoing to map it correctly.
3. Make a new tag or use an existing one on your new post, Tags are tags (lowercase).
- If this post is a new project, the tag should be customer name.
- If this post is a login procedure the tags should be at least customer name, but nice to also include login.
- If this post is a new product, the tags should be at least customer name, but nice to also include technology: sql, mqtt, opc da etc.
- So for every post the tags should be at least customer name.
A new post’s has one year before it expires and are moved automatically to the category Expired by default.
By default all new posts does allow comments
Here you can create a new post.